Contact us

For estimates, please call 586.873.1405

Monday, September 28, 2026

Vintage Chair Upholstery

Chair Before
This chair had gotten damaged by a man who fell onto it. Luckily the chair broke
Chair After
 his fall which resulted in a few bruises, but saved him from hitting his head or breaking his hip, which would have been much worse. The customer was the nephew of the man who fell and had wanted to get the chair repaired and reupholstered. He originally had wanted the same color, but ended up choosing a fabric I had in stock, a white brocade, which was the period-correct material for this era of chair.

Because he had planned on doing the refinishing himself, I removed the old fabric and cotton padding then let him know it was ready for him. He picked it up and took it home to refinish and repair the broken arm. 

Two weeks later, he brought the chair back to me and I began with replacing the old webbing, which was worn and no longer supported the seat properly. After that, I added the new raw cotton seat and back padding and finished it with muslin before I could add the new fabric. What a difference the new material made for this damaged chair. Once again, this chair would be his uncle's favorite spot to sit and watch his t.v. shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment