Friday, August 31, 2012

Magazine Rack Painted Red

Magazine Rack Before Painting
Magazine Rack After Painting
This was indeed one of my best "before" and "after" projects,
ever! It was a very adorable magazine rack of unknown origin. My guess it was something from the 1950's, but I could be wrong. A lovely woman who lives in Grosse Pointe had asked me if I was able to paint this piece a nice red, similar to the red that hardly clung to the piece. It was hard to tell exactly what shade of red this used to be. The color had faded and you could only see a bit of it, so it was hard to determine what color red to choose, but I was up for the challenge and once on the search, I found the perfect color, "Colonial Red." It was a very close match to this little magazine rack/table and an ideal color.


After sanding the entire surface, it was ready for red. I gave it a light coat first, then waited until it dried, then gave it a second coat to completely cover the surface. Once dry, it was red and glossy and lovely. My customer was very happy with this table's new look as was I! I took a tired old magazine rack and restored it to its former glory with some elbow grease and two cans of paint!

When in doubt, go red!

No comments:

Post a Comment