Friday, July 27, 2012

Oval Table With Glass Tray

Oval Table Before Restoration
Oval Table After Restoration
I found this gem at a local estate sale. It had a bit of water damage on the bottom of the legs, but otherwise in great condition. I thought there was something unusual about the table, and I was correct. I had noticed it had handles on the sides of the top. "Aha!" I thought. The top of the table
lifted up and could be used as a serving tray! I was hooked and had to have it! So I brought it home and began gently sanding the damaged legs and lightly sanded the rest of the table before applying a new stain coat of walnut, which brought out the wood's beauty. I had to replace the glass because it was badly scratched and of course, I needed to clean up the handles which are made of beautiful brass! This little table is well over 100 years old but looks as good as the day it was crafted so many years ago.
This is the tray top

No comments:

Post a Comment