Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Finale's Finest

Chair Before
Chair After
This chair is from the 1920's. One of three chairs, this one is my personal favorite. It's made of oak and had a great deal of detail in the framework. It was also dirty and so covered in grime and old varnish, that the only way to bring out its luster was to strip it and apply brand new stain. This was one of three chairs I acquired from a friend who had passed away last October suddenly. It was one of the many pieces he'd kept from family members. I knew the chair was worth the work and got right to it. The stripping process was long, messy and tedious, but I wasn't surprised to see the gorgeous wood that lie beneath the layers of grime. I've included photos of the chair during the restoration process. There was a great deal of detail sanding involved!
Chair After Stripping
Chair After Stain
I chose the printed fabric to coordinate with the other two chairs, featured in the above articles, that have complementary striped fabric. These chairs, while completely different, would make an eclectic group for a sophisticated dining experience.








Chair Seat Before
Chair Seat After

No comments:

Post a Comment