Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dressers Painted Black

Dresser Before
Dresser After
I found this little treasure at an estate sale along with another dresser (at bottom, which also had a special design detail at the lower edge). I especially loved the top drawer, which was slightly longer than the other three and had a great curvy top, reminding me of an Art Deco style. The dresser was pine, and while the wood was in great shape and would have look good stained, I chose black paint instead.

I knew the two dressers would look great painted black, as long as I could find matching knobs. As always, a full stripping was necessary before priming and painting. I was fortunate to find online sixteen knobs that were light gray porcelain with a "crackled" look. This was the detail needed to link the two different style dressers together so that they made a matched set. It never ceases to amaze me how much paint changes the look and feel of a piece of furniture. In this case, choosing the right paint linked two totally separate pieces together as a matched set.
Dresser Before
Dresser After

No comments:

Post a Comment