Thursday, March 11, 2021

Caning an antique rocker video

Caning a chair, final step

Video for caning a chair, final step - click here to view!

This is just a quick video that I wanted to share with my blog followers or anyone who wants an idea on how the process of caning is done without getting into the nitty-gritty. There are plenty of videos on all the steps, but I just wanted to highlight my favorite part of the process and what I’ve learned along the way. I have linked a few other videos on caning on my Youtube channel if you’re interested.

Enjoy!

Rene

😀

To view the entire seven-step process, click on the Peerless Rattan instruction video on the link below: 


Note: The Hammond video shows a pretty straightforward caning method, which uses a rectangular chair. You have to learn the differences in how to cane when you have a rounded back chair or a completely round chair. The part that varies at this step is that you must use the same holes several times to even out the front and rear caning. If you have more holes in the front than you have in the back of a chair, you’ll have to double up the amount of holes in the back to accommodate those extras in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment